Download the latest Surround SCM documentation in PDF format.
- File Sharing Strategy
- Managing Shared Files in a Branched Environment
- Integrating Quality into Every Stage of Development
- Managing the Build Process with Surround SCM Snapshot Branches
- Managing Web Development with Surround SCM
- Surround SCM Backup and Disaster Recovery Solutions
- QRA Fast Facts: Change
- Advantages of a Configurable Linking Solution
- Better Concurrent Development through Branching and Surround SCM
- Breaking Down the Barriers to Collaborative Software Development
- Change Management: A Cornerstone of the Capability Maturity Model
- Quality-Centric ALM in a Down Economy
- Successfully Automating Development Workflows
Issue Tracking Plug-ins
The following server-side plug-ins provide integration of third-party issue tracking applications into Surround SCM. Issues in the third-party application can then be viewed and fixed from Surround SCM.
|Mac OS X|
Microsoft Team Foundation Server
Uses triggers to manage a build process. This example uses Ant as the build tool.
|Custom Keyword Expansion||
Uses triggers to expand a custom set of keywords. This code was built with Visual C++ 6.0, but could be built by most standard Windows C++ compilers.
FTP File Transfer
Uses triggers to keep a remote FTP server up to date with the newest Surround SCM files. The C++ version was built with Visual C++ 6.0 but could be built by most standard Windows C++ compilers.
Uses triggers to record a log of events that occur within Surround SCM. This code can be used as is or customized. The C++ version was built with Visual C++ 6.0 but could be built by most standard Windows C++ compilers.
|Sync Surround SCM Server||
Uses triggers to keep two repositories that reside on different Surround SCM Servers in sync. This code was built with Visual C++ 6.0 but could be built by most standard Windows C++ compilers.
|Verify Text During Check In||
Uses triggers to verify that certain text is included with every check in (or add). This code was built with Visual C++ 6.0 but could be built by most standard Windows C++ compilers.
- Focus on Features: New in Surround SCM 2014
- What’s New in the Seapine Knowledgebase
- Sparse Branching: Create Individualized Branches with Surround SCM 2014
- Find in Files: A Highly Requested Surround SCM 2014 New Feature
- What’s New in Surround SCM 2014 Documentation
Licensing and System Requirements
Surround SCM offers the flexibility of named licenses, floating licenses, or a combination of licenses. By selecting the license types best suited to your organization's needs, you can provide access to the greatest number of Surround SCM users at the minimum cost. Learn more